Area Support Manager
On Line People Limited are currently looking for an Area Support Manager to work for one of our major clients based in Scotland – covering all sites between Edinburgh and Inverness. This is a permanent position for the right candidate, working full time hours Monday to Friday.
Formed in April 2012 Qila Energy is a British engineering company and has become one of the largest providers of biogas plants in the UK. Over the last 5 years, Qila has 26 plants under contract, and has a substantial order book in development. We are a market leader in biogas engineering in the UK. We provide all services under one roof, including planning, design, construction, engineering, operation and maintenance. Our unique design for the biogas process and a bespoke control system allows Qila to remotely control our plants 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Job Description & Key Responsibilities:
To support our objectives of being a leading operator in the sector, we are looking to strengthen the business with the appointment of an Area Support Manager to join our O&M team. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will travel between our Scottish sites working closely with AD Plant Managers and the O&M team. Key accountabilities will include:
- Support the plant managers in the smooth running of 6 sites;
- Completing regular site visits and audits;
- Liaise with Qila engineers and sub-contractors to ensure the satisfactory completion of all operational activities;
- Ensuring H&S procedures, policies & legislation are followed;
- Writing and preparing reports;
- Other duties as required.
You will also be responsible for providing holiday cover for our Plant Managers at the Scottish sites, taking on their full duties:
- Manage site in line with legislation, planning permissions, permits H&S and Qila manuals and documents;
- Document and report all onsite activities;
- Creating KPIs;
- Completing daily checks and log book, visitors sign ins;
- Reporting all exceptional circumstances; including breakdowns, damages, performance and incidents;
- Maintain site security and access, including visitor inductions;
- Management of staff on site including overseeing third party workers and contractors; monitoring and reporting their performance in line with SLAs;
- Monitor plant control system (SCADA);
- Monitor feedstock quality and digestate volumes;
- Basic feedstock sampling and testing; reviewing biological data and reports;
- Control spares inventory and consumables;
- Fill the hopper in line with feed ration;
- Operate and maintain weighbridge on site;
- Other duties as required.
You will be coming into fast paced, commercial environment and must possess have the flexibility to travel and work from our sites as required. Previous experience in waste or recycling industry would be advantageous.
Scotland – covering all sites between Edinburgh and Inverness.
£40,000 p/a, 24 days holiday + bank holidays, company vehicle, matched pension scheme, life assurance and Medicash.
- Previous Managerial experience desirable – people, processes and safety;
- Possess strong IT skills (Microsoft Office etc.);
- Understanding of process plant engineering;
- Have a good understanding of all health and safety regulations;
- An analytical and logical approach to decision making;
- Ability to troubleshoot;
- Excellent time management and the ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects;
- Be organised and an excellent communicator;
- Full UK driving licence.