On Line People Limited are currently looking for an enthusiastic Automation Engineer to work for a highly successful electrical engineering and manufacturing company based in Retford. This is a great opportunity to join a modern and dynamic company, which offers full training and support to employees.
Key Responsibilities and Key Results Areas:
- To design and implement Control and Automation systems (including Control Panels) to appropriate standards;
- Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions
- Complete multiple concurrent projects, safely and assist the Engineering Manager in managing the budget for each project to ensure that as a minimum, projects achieve targeted profitability;
- Attend/undertake site and works testing, commissioning and client training –this can often mean working away from home.
- Generate Bill of Materials for processing
- Liaise with the client’s engineering and operations staff to ensure KPI’s are met or exceeded within budget constraints
- Attend internal and external review and progress meetings
- Manage site Health and safety including completion of Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS) and promote strong Health and Safety behaviour
- Compile and collate final contract documentation, “As built” drawings, test sheets etc. for inclusion into operation and maintenance manual
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Time served in engineering capacity
- ONC/HNC in Electrical and Electronic (Desirable)
- 18th Edition (Desirable)
- Clean Current Driving Licence – (Essential)
- Significant experience of PLC and SCADA systems (hardware &programming) ideally Siemens/Rockwell.
- Significant experience of LV power and control designs of plant systems
- Detailed knowledge of CAD 2D packages (AutoCAD and E-Plan) for schematics / panel layouts
- Project Management experience
- A good commercial awareness
- Great communicator with internal and external customers
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will manage a range of Electrical and combined schemed projects across a variety of industries. You will also have the opportunity to work away on customer sites around the UK and sometimes even outside of the UK.
We’re looking to hear from applicants who ideally have 3-5 years Automation Experience and you must hold a clean current driving licence.