On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Buying Assistant to work for one of our major clients based in Hull. This is initially a contract position for approximately 12 months.
You will be working as part of a team to deliver requirements for all tactical sourcing activities and provide support (potentially lead) on continuous improvement initiatives.
Your Duties will include
- Stock/Inventory item sourcing.
- Reporting (Contract Register reporting, expired contracts & no. of RFQ reporting).
- Invoice queries.
- Supplier non conformance management.
- Client Initiatives; Reduce no. of invoices not paid on time, Chemical stores process, Automating POs).
The Ideal Candidate
- Buying/Procurement experience, preferably in the chemical sectors.
- Commercially aware of prices for materials, parts and services.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Scheduling and time management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Prior use of and implementation of purchasing systems an advantage.