On Line People Limited are currently looking for Cost Controller to work for one of our major clients based in North Killingholme. This is a contract position for approximately 2 years.
Rate of pay - DOE
The Cost Controller responsibilities will include the following activities:
• Validating cost estimates including the application of measured schedules of rates, prepared by the contractor during the planning phase.
• Carrying out field validation checks of the measurement of work and monitoring of assignment of labour resources across a range of disciplines including mechanical, piping, rotating equipment, electrical and instrumentation.
• Interrogating the computerised maintenance management system (SAP) to extract information on the planning, costing and progression of works.
• Identifying areas of non-compliance in the maintenance workflow and providing the required feedback and coaching to both client and contractor employees involved in the workflow.
• Collating and validating data used in contract key performance indicators.
• Contributing to regular Implementation Team progress reviews.
The successful candidate may come from a range of backgrounds, including maintenance or construction supervision, estimating, cost management, quantity surveying or contract engineering.
Skills and personal qualities should include:
• Technical background with familiarity of trade activities in a high hazard, heavy industry environment.
• IT literate with experience in SAP or similar systems and skills required to interrogate work orders and extract data for further analysis.
• Practical cost awareness with working understanding of contracts.
• Communication and interpersonal skills required to influence and coach at all levels on both the client and contractor sides, whilst maintaining a collaborative approach to solving issues.