On Line People Limited are currently looking for an Electrical Engineer to work for one of our major clients based in Ramsgate, Kent. This is a long-term contract position, working full time hours Monday to Friday.
- Support design and specification activities for Electrical (HV and LV) and Control and Instrumentation (C&I) systems based on market technology trends and international standards
- Support the production of documentation relating to electrical and C&I systems and equipment including cables, transformer, earthing equipment etc. including the design and development of:
- Control Topologies
- Functional Design Specifications
- Data Sheets
- Statements of Requirements
- Cable Schedules
- I/O Listings
- Termination Sheets
- Technical Risk Assessment/Design Reviews – ATEX/HAZOP/FMEA/DSEAR etc.
- Assist in putting together complete technical proposals
- Carry out technical evaluations of Supplier provided quotations and documentation
- Participate in technical meetings with Customers and/or Suppliers
- Inspection and testing (factory acceptance tests (FAT) and site acceptance tests (SAT)) of key deliverables from equipment and service providers
- System problem identification and resolution should problems occur during execution of projects
- Participate in designs and installation reviews and provide guidance during construction stages in complex sites, optimizing site configuration, performance and cost
- Provide feedback/input to improve product design
Should have demonstrable technical experience of the Power Generation Industry including at least a working understanding of LV, MV & HV generators, switchgear and system design and preferably from a high profile major power generation competitor/distributor or from a related industry (switchgear, energy sales, UPS industries etc.).
On site experience in aspects of Power Plant Commissioning as well as a basic level of experience on mechanical systems and components would be a distinct advantage.
Broad application knowledge relevant to the CPG product base across the range of generator set applications is preferred.