On Line People Limited are currently looking for an Engagement Manager to work for one of our major clients based in Lincoln. This is a permanent position, working full hours Monday to Friday.
Main Purpose of the Job:
Supporter Services and Visitor Centre
• Manage the work of the Supporter Services and Visitor Centre staff to be sure that they are able to nurture existing supporter relationships and develop new ones through excellent customer service, thus promoting the ability to maximise opportunities for income generation.
• Be responsible for the effective management of all Supporter Services and Visitor Centre income generation schemes, including the Gift Shop and mail order. Be responsible for the receipt of income and the correct recording of that income and related data.
• Oversee the work of the Community Engagement Team, supporting the Community Engagement Team Leader to develop and put in place new initiatives and events and to manage existing projects and events, with the aim of generating awareness of the work of the company and encouraging new supporters.
• Work with the Community Engagement Team Leader to prepare and manage the Community Engagement budget and to review and report on the return on investment for community engagement initiatives, ensuring that initiatives that lag are reviewed and revitalized or replaced.
• Ensure that the work of the Community Engagement Team and the Supporter Services and Visitor Centre teams are closely aligned and working in support of each other and that resources are shared when appropriate.
• Work closely with the fundraising roles and marketing team to review, revise and enhance the income generation schemes and the marketing of Supporter Services, Visitor Centre and Community Engagement initiatives.
• Work closely with the Education Team to be sure that there is collaboration where appropriate and that the Supporter Services, Visitor Centre and Community Engagement teams are fully informed of the education messages which need to be conveyed.
• Work with managers across the business to continually review and improve the way that the Visitor Experience is delivered.
Compliance, Reporting & Budgeting
• Be responsible for ensuring the effective use of the database to capture all supporter and visitor information on and off site and for the management of data in compliance with legislation, regulations, guidelines including Data Protection, GDPR and internal procedures.
• Ensure all activities are compliant with the Fundraising Regulator, Institute of Fundraising, and Commission guidelines, GDPR and data protection.
• Be proactive in keeping up to date with changes in legislation and guidance relevant to the work of the department
• Be accountable the health and safety of all members of your team.
• Develop relationships with other departments as required and work together for the benefit of the company
• Work with the management team to ensure your team have the values of the company embedded in to daily performance.
• Ensure your team is trained and developed and has the necessary tools to succeed in their job. This includes providing employees with ongoing feedback, coaching and training to support their development.
• Enforce strict stock control of all company property and manage the cost-effective use of all resources and equipment.
Experience & Knowledge
• At least 5 years’ experience in a management role
• Demonstrable experience of managing, developing and motivating a team
• Experience of managing in a customer service environment
• Knowledge of sales/mail order practises and legislation
• Experience of coordinating campaigns, projects and events
• Experienced in the use of databases, accounts and CRM packages
• Knowledge of KPI reporting, analysing data and market trends
• Knowledge of Data Protection and fundraising legislation and Gift Aid
• Knowledge of fundraising practices (Desirable)
• Experience of using Donor Strategy and Exchequer (Desirable)
Working Hours: 37.5 (to include some weekend, bank holiday and evening work)
Annual Salary approximately £26,000-£30,000, plus an attractive benefits package and plenty of training and development opportunities.