Field Service Engineer
On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Field Service Engineer to work for one of our major clients based in Gainsborough. This is initially a contract position. Approximate duration is 3-6 months+, however upon finish this will be reviewed.
To supply customer support for the range of the clients packaging machinery supplied worldwide.
Provide field service support for the client’s equipment supplied around the world. To conduct installations, commissioning, training, and fault finding on the range of equipment we supply. This role will involve extensive travel often resulting in a number of weeks away from home.
- Understanding and experience of fault diagnoses on packaging machines covering electrical, electronic, and mechanical disciplines
- Work on a range of PLC and Motion control systems
- Work away from home for extended periods
- Conduct machinery checkout and trials
- Customer acceptance trials
- Product development assistance.
- Installation and commissioning of the full range equipment.
- Promoting sales of spare parts, upgrades, new and pre-owned machines.
- Carrying out training programs and promoting training.
- Giving feedback information from customers and competitive equipment
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to your skill levels from time to time to meet the needs of the business.
- 5 GCSE’s grade C or above or equivalent.
- HNC/D or equivalent in a technical discipline, (electrical or electronic) or equivalent experience.
- Substantial experience in roles such as electrical or electronic technician, field service repair of machinery, maintenance repair, or related occupations. Familiarity with machine and electrical parts, components and assembly is essential. Experience interfacing with customers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
The successful candidate will
- Be able to fault diagnostics using PLC logic.
- Be able to control situations whilst providing a high standard of customer service
- Have excellent electrical/mechanical technical skills.
- Be able to read blueprints and schematics.
- Will be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and Outlook
- Will have excellent written and verbal communication skills with a commitment to serving others.
- Have a history of working to deadlines and meeting business objectives.
- Have a flexible approach to work.
- A full and clean UK driving license.
- Ability to travel freely worldwide
- Appropriate business and technical qualifications
Job Type: Full-time