On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Finance Manager to work for one of our major clients based in Scunthorpe. This is a permanent position, working 40 hours per week.
This position is ideal for a candidate who has a thorough technical bookkeeping background as well as an interest in effective budgeting, cost control and resource management, with the confidence to develop business relationships, with staff, clients and suppliers.
This is an exciting and rewarding role offering long term prospects for the successful candidate to develop a successful career in an established but growing organisation. The role will enable the successful applicant to progress their training and expand upon their own skills to improve themselves and the organisation together.
Skills and Experience
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent) with previous bookkeeping, accountancy or financial management experience;
- Solid understanding of accounting software principles with experience of Xero accounting software and Payroll Systems essential, knowledge of simPRO, Receipt Bank and a general enthusiasm for embracing technology is highly desirable;
- Proficient with Microsoft Packages, must include Excel to an advanced level;
- Ability to demonstrate previous knowledge and experience of bookkeeping and financial management within a small business;
- Ability to work with discretion (managing confidential data)
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Strong numerical and analytical skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Leadership and team management skills;
- Ability to operate credibly at a senior level;
- Good presentation skills;
- Highly organised, punctual and efficient at time management
- Overseeing the bookkeeping function for purchase and sales ledger, undertaking critical tasks including payroll, bank and foreign exchange buying;
- Co-ordinate the job management system integration with the accounting package ensuring accuracy in all areas;
- Preparation of monthly management accounts;
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of the full P&L, variance analysis and balance sheet reconciliations;
- Assist with preparation of annual budget and revision there of, monitor the cashflow forecasting and budgeting process, and develop tighter control around expenditure;
- Working in conjunction with Managing Director implement a full cost management schedule across the business with finance, sales, manufacturing and operations;
- Preparation of report on performance against defined key performance indicators and help develop the KPI reporting suite particularly looking at direct costs, labour, material usage and GP;
- Preparation of ad hoc financial and management information as requested;
- Produce information required by external accountants to produce year end accounts.
The role will require 40 hours per week between the hours of 8.00am - 5.00pm with an additional one hour break to be taken throughout the day, flexibility in hours of work may be required during busy periods.
You will be entitled to 28 days leave including statutory holidays. The facilities and equipment required to fulfil the role will be made available. Travel locally may be required as part of the role.
- Basic salary is up to £32,500 per annum depending on skills and experience
- Annual pension contribution of 5% of annual salary
- Support for continued professional development in relevant field will be made available