On Line People Limited are currently looking for an Instrument Engineer to work for one of our major clients based in Immingham. This is a contract position for an initial period of twelve (12) months, after which time the role and requirement will be re-assessed.
Responsible for the mechanical integrity and reliability of the C+I assets. Participates in the development and implementation of the C+I reliability and asset care strategies. Provides technical support to the operations & maintenance teams.
- Provision of Instrument maintenance engineering expertise.
- Daily monitoring of critical instrumentation performance.
- Specification, installation and commissioning of a wide range of field instrumentation, control and safety equipment including control valves, thermowells and flow measurement orifice plates
- Management of SIS including proof test postponement evaluation, PTI extension, SIL calculation generation and adjustment.
- Production and review of general maintenance and SIS proof test procedures.
- Use of computerised engineering tools, SAP, EIMS, Livelink, SILSolver (ABB TRAC, ExSILentia etc).
- Provision of technical engineering reviews for management of change documents.
- Hands on provision of support to area instrument technicians.
- Support for regulatory inspections and audits (HSE / EA) within area of responsibility.
- Acts as project leader for Instrument Maintenance projects.
- Establishes priorities and develops critical tasks
- Accepts ownership, is accountable and delivers on commitments
- Committed to continuous improvement. Encourages creativity and innovation.
- Understands and uses functional expertise to contribute to the success of the business.
- Degree Qualified in relevant E/I subject.
- Experience of working in a maintenance engineering role within a high hazard industry.
- Chartered Engineer preferred
- TUV Functional Safety Engineer preferred
- CompEx12 or similar preferred