On Line People Limited are currently looking for an Instrument Engineer to work for one of our major clients based in Immingham. This is a contract position, working full time hours Monday to Friday. Approximate duration is 12 months, however upon finish this will be reviewed and perhaps extended.
The provision of measurement, control and safety system engineering support to enable:-
- Compliance with corporate Required Standards for SIS / Instrumented IPL’s
- BS EN 61511 compliance activities
- Development of PHA/HAZOP/LOPA improvement actions related to Instrumentation.
- Closure of Health and Safety Executive action items including COMAH safety report updates.
- Conduct Functional Safety Assessments and Audits.
- Assist with the closure of existing open FSA actions.
- Develop the Functional Safety competency framework and assist with assessment process.
- Develop / Implement maintenance plans / strategies associated with new PHA / LOPA
- Conduct initial screening of PHA action items and where relevant develop project scope.
- Produce specifications, calculations and cost estimates as required supporting assigned projects.
- Working knowledge and experience of Safety Instrumented Systems design and management activities
- Working knowledge and experience of Instrumentation maintenance practises /techniques
- Ability to understand technical documentation
- (Loop diagrams, C&E, P&ID’s)
- Establishes priorities and manages multiple parallel critical tasks.
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Self-motivated team worker with an eye for detail.
- Ability to use MS office tools including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Previous experience with SAP PM modules preferred.
- Engineering Degree in an Electrical, Electronic or Control subject.
- Member of the InstMC, IET or IChemE
- Chartered Engineer preferred
- Functional Safety Engineer certification e.g TUV FS Eng