On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Junior Programmer to work for one of our major clients based in Cardiff. Our client is a market leader in the biogas engineering sector, developing a network of renewable energy anaerobic digestion power plants across the UK.
The Junior Programmer will work with the Process Engineering, Commissioning and Operations teams to assist in the programming and maintenance of PLC and SCADA systems.
This is a permanent position requiring frequent travel and site visits within the UK. Your duties and key responsibilities will include:
- Working on programming new plants in line with project specification according to P&IDs and I/O maps;
- Setting up communications;
- Creating PC based HMIs;
- Testing installation;
- Ongoing maintenance of existing operational projects:
- General maintenance;
- Fault finding;
- Identifying process improvements;
- Other duties as required.
Company and job specific training will be provided but you will ideally have the following key skills:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience;
- 1-2 years experience in a similar role;
- Excellent time management and the ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail.
This is an exciting opportunity for a graduate with one or two years’ experience within industrial PLC systems. A recent graduate will still be considered for the role. Knowledge of Siemens Step 7, would be beneficial, but training will be provided.
£22,000 - £26,000 p/a, 25 days holiday, pension, life assurance and Medicash.