On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Laboratory Technician to work for one of our clients based in Fawley. This is a permanent position and the salary will be DOE.
- Quality control testing of all raw materials, in process samples, finished products and returns
- Shift coverage as part of the OST/QC shift team.
- Effectively communicate any QC failures to the QC Supervisor and to the Process team and Planning team where required. Responsible for fault finding on problem batches; enabling the timely release of products to customers or recovery routes for non-conforming material.
- Be responsible for maintaining all QC records including information in the SAP database. Updating QC work instructions and procedures as required, including the development of new work procedures on introduction of new analytical tests / equipment.
- Assists as required during the introduction of new products into the plant, including creation and maintenance of recipe and specification data in SAP database and preliminary blending and testing prior to full scale manufacture.
- Ensure all equipment is operating in good order and kept in calibration according to the required schedule,
- Understand all the relevant QHSE procedures for the Plant, and specifically the QC Laboratory.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Degree/HNC in science related qualification or at least 5 years’ experience in a laboratory.
- Experience in technical or plant based position with a good knowledge of organic chemistry.
- Practical understanding of laboratory equipment.
- Excellent communication, time management and prioritisation skills.
- A flexible approach to working and ability to work with others to achieve objectives.
What’s in it For You:
- Thrive in a Company that values a culture of safety to include top-notch safety training and personal protection equipment;
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a Company that is passionate about growth;
- The support of an organisation that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best;
- Comprehensive benefits package.