Lead Electrical Engineer
On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Principle/Lead Electrical Engineer to work for one of our major clients based in Hull and Immingham. This is a contract position, working full time hours Monday to Friday.
The Principle/Lead Electrical Engineer will be the technical focal point for the electrical design team. The role is responsible for ensuring that all Electrical design deliverables satisfy the project requirements and all relevant legislation, codes and standards. The role shall involve the mentoring and development of the Electrical team in order to broaden the team’s capabilities in order to provide additional capabilities and offering to our Clients.
The successful candidate shall have significant experience of a variety of electrical systems primarily within the process industries and shall be able to demonstrate prior experience of being in a role of technical expertise/subject matter expert.
• Knowledge of electrical switchgear, its specification, application and design ratings/limitations
• Cable sizing calculations in accordance with BS7671 using Amtech Prodesign
• Knowledge and experience of the selection and assessment of Electrical protection schemes and equipment.
• Production and review or detailed technical reports and/or presentation intended for audiences of various skill/knowledge levels.
• Knowledge and experience in the selection, design and implementation of electrical equipment, protection, design and installation up to 33 kV
• Significant experience of producing Fault and protection Studies.
• Significant experience with the use of SKM PTW software would be advantageous
• Detailed knowledge of discipline relevant legislation and standards e.g. Electricity at Work Regulations, BS 7671
• Significant experience in an Engineering design office/project environment
• Experience in the design and installation of motor controls such as MCC’s, soft-starts, DOL starters, Variable Speed Drives etc. and the associated schematics and design documentation.
• Have significant experience in the design and selection of equipment for installation in potentially explosive atmospheres e.g. ATEX/DSEAR.
• Have >5 years experience in the process industries e.g. Chemicals, Petrochem, Oil & Gas etc.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering. Experience in lieu of this will be considered
• Chartered Engineer
• C&G 2382 (Requirements for Electrical Installations) or equivalent 17th Edition Wiring regulations
• Compex EX 12 would be advantageous