Lead Mechanical Engineer
On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Lead Mechanical Engineer to work for one of our major clients who is a global leader in speciality chemicals. This is a permanent position based in East Yorkshire.
As a global leader in speciality chemicals, this company continue to succeed and strengthen their delivery of innovative, sustainable and high-performance solutions. They currently have an excellent opportunity for a Lead Mechanical Engineer, based at their COMAH Upper Tier in East Yorkshire.
As a key member of the engineering department you will manage a small mechanical engineering team and report directly to the Site Engineering Manager. The responsibilities of this role include providing the site with mechanical engineering expertise, being a team member of or managing a range of engineering projects, maintaining and developing site standards and offering support to the maintenance team as required. You will have some responsibility for managing contractors.
- Spoken and Written Communications Skills
- Effective Workload Planning
- Effective Decision Making
- Problem Analysis
- Attention to Detail
- Technical Expertise
- An awareness of all appropriate legislation.
- An effective communicator, capable of influencing and building effective working relationships internally and externally to the business
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills; you will be capable of understanding and finding solutions to complex mechanical problems and identifying areas for improvement using rigorous quantitative engineering analysis
- A high level of attention to detail
- Effectively plan your workload and projects, keeping timely and accurate records.
- Previous experience in a similar engineering role.
- Educated to degree level, be chartered or working toward chartership.
- Have experience of working in a similar manufacturing environment.
- Experience of using SAP
- Have a general NEBOSH certificate.
- Line management responsibility.