Lead Structural Engineer
On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Lead Structural Engineer to work for one of our major clients based in Hull. This is a permanent position with an attractive salary and benefits package.
The Lead Engineer is assigned to a project as an integral member of the project design team; he is responsible for the proper and timely execution of the design and requisitioning in accordance with the control estimate and specific requirements of the project. He is also responsible for ensuring that the Project’s Design documentation requirements are followed, taking into account any special contractual requirements. This position is project specific.
The key duties of the post are as follows:
• To advise the supervisor of required personnel necessary to maintain the project plan for his assigned project. This to be agreed with the Project Manager and Planning Engineer.
• To regularly monitor the project plan and progress measurement reports and inform the Project Manager or supervisor of any unacceptable trends.
• To update man-hour and progress measurement reports, in time to support monthly reports for Clients.
• To ensure any change of scope is highlighted and a variation note is completed in accordance with Company Standards identifying the impact on the project plan, manhour budget and capital cost.
• To ensure that the client interface is given high priority. To address client queries and concerns as necessary.
• To ensure all client documentation is reviewed for acceptability and updated as agreed with the client and Project Manager.
• To refer all clients’ requests for variations to the Project Manager.
• Project Communication
• To attend all necessary progress meetings and ensure Project and supervisor are fully aware of any problems affecting the productivity of his team.
• To maintain a pro-active, positive approach to project team communication, particularly in subcontracts, procurement and design review activities.
• To ensure timely completion of all project specifications, designs, drawings and requisitioning.
• To ensure all documentation within the scope of his responsibility is checked, reviewed and approved in accordance with the Company Standards for that project.
• To ensure all vendors bids and documentation are reviewed for technical acceptability.
• To give any necessary technical assistance to other members of the design team.
• To ensure a level of supervision is maintained that encourages empowerment and provides a flexible, responsive approach to the design, procurement and construction of the plant.
• Responsible position within OLDE consultancy managing teams of designers & draughtsmen, reporting direct to Head of Department.
• Chartered Engineer registered with either ICE or IStructE.
• Minimum 10 year’s experience working as a consultant design engineer.
• Minimum 5 year’s experience managing a team of designers & draughtsmen, including resource management.
• Minimum 5 year’s experience managing budgets, delivering engineering solutions to challenging deadlines.
• Working knowledge of BS449, BS5950, BS8110 & Eurocodes 1, 2, 3 & 7.
• Working knowledge of Staad, Tedds, Hilti Profis Anchor, 3D Detailing software.
• Willing to travel throughout UK.
• Good Knowledge of relevant legislation.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to recognise customer’s requirements.
• Assertive and articulate and be able to communicate at all levels
• Effective communication skills