On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Manufacturing Operator to work for one of our major clients who are a leading global design and engineering company in plastic products in packaging and non-packaging markets. This is a permanent position based in Market Rasen, working on a continental shift pattern 6am -6pm, 6pm – 6am, 4 days on 4 days off.
Salary to £19,000
Responsible To: Cell Leader
Responsible for: Department Production Operators
Purpose of Role :
- Responsible for the safe management of the designated area ensuring maximum efficiency from all personnel, equipment and materials.
- Ensure all work is carried out effectively, efficiently and to the Company and Customer quality standards at all times.
Main Tasks :
- Work in a safe manner not to endanger yourself or others around you.
- Check the quality of the finished product ensuring it is to the required standard and informing cell leader if it is not.
- Complete relevant quality check sheet recording any problems.
- Assist the cell leader to ensure quality & hygiene procedures are followed by personnel in the area.
- Restart production machines.
- Assist with colour/material changes.
- Pack quality finished product to the required packing spec.
- Organise breaks to ensure the highest level of production continues through break times.
- Assist with operator training.
- Record stoppages on the Barco system
- Weigh and record scrap on the Barco system
- Correctly label boxes/pallets recording box number on DPR
- Ensure all Packaging (inc. IML Labels), Polymer, Masterbatch and Additives are correctly scanned to Works Orders where applicable and De-kitted at the end of each production run.
Skills / Experience Required
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing
- Be able to work under pressure, remaining calm and in control with the ability to make clear decisions.
- Able to respond positively to changing work demands.
- Positive attitude and involvement towards continuous improvement opportunities in all areas of work.
- Conscientious and thorough in all aspects of work responsibilities and has a professional approach to work.
- Ability to listen.
- Ensure that the job is done well and recognising the importance of customer satisfaction in their work
- Persistent and not thrown off course by obstacles or difficulty
- Is able to work effectively with others as part of a team to achieve team objectives
- Offers help, as well as sharing information and own expertise
- Plans and organises own work, ensuring a high level of accuracy in all work undertaken and taking responsibility for actions/work undertaken
- Has a logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to undertake duties in every respect as laid out in the job description (further to training if required)
Ability to work as part of a team in order to achieve agreed objectives.
Ability to encourage others to accept change.
Significant experience as an Operator
Experience in a supervisory role would be an advantage.