Manufacturing Team Leader
On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Manufacturing Team Leader to work for one of our major clients who are a leading global design and engineering company in plastic products in packaging and non-packaging markets. This is a permanent position based in Market Rasen, working on a continental shift pattern 6am -6pm, 6pm – 6am, 4 days on 4 days off.
Salary from £22,000 to £25,000 per annum
Responsible To: Shift Manager
Responsible for: Department Production Operators
Purpose of Role:
Responsible for the safe management of the designated department ensuring maximum efficiency from all personnel, equipment and materials.
Ensure all work is carried out effectively, efficiently and to the Company and Customer quality standards at all times.
- Maintain a safe working environment area for all staff.
- Complete machine safety checks on a daily basis.
- Complete accident & near miss forms when required.
- Work in a safe manner not to endanger yourself or others around you.
- Ensure that departmental staff are producing & packing good quality product that fully conforms to product specifications.
- Complete paperwork for colour, works order, label & material changes.
- Make sure that employees in the area are following the company hygiene procedure, dress code, mobile phones etc
- Maintain machines and area to required hygiene standards.
- Maintain designated production area to required efficiencies.
- Assist with break relief, manning machines if required.
- Complete colour, works order, label & material changes.
- Carry out tool changes and machine set-ups as and when required.
- Maintain supply of material to production machines.
- Liaise with shift managers on disciplinary issues.
- Take active involvement in continuous improvement projects.
- Manage process & tooling breakdowns in area.
- Ensure all Packaging (inc. IML Labels), Polymer, Masterbatch and Additives are correctly scanned to Works Orders where applicable and De-kitted at the end of each production run.
Skills / Experience Required
- Technically proficient in polymer processing with excellent machine setting and fault-finding skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing, and at all levels within the Company.
- Be able to work under pressure, remaining calm and in control with the ability to make clear decisions.
- Able to respond positively to changing work demands.
- Confident in making constructive decisions, challenging existing practices and looking for continuous improvement in all areas of work.
- Conscientious and thorough in all aspects of work responsibilities and has a professional approach to work.
- Ability to listen, give advice and recommendations to people in a positive and constructive manner.
- Highly driven, ensuring that the job is done well and recognising the importance of customer satisfaction in their work
- Persistent and not thrown off course by obstacles or difficulty
- Is able to work effectively with others as part of a team to achieve team objectives
- Offers help, as well as sharing information and own expertise
- Plans and organises own work, ensuring a high level of accuracy in all work undertaken and taking responsibility for actions/work undertaken
- Has a logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to undertake duties in every respect as laid out in the job description (further to training if required)
- Ability to lead and motivate a team of people in order to achieve agreed objectives.
- Ability to encourage others to accept change.
- Significant experience as either a Cell Assistant or Tool Setter
- Proven experience as a Technician in the injection moulding/blow moulding industry
- Experience in a supervisory role would be an advantage.