On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer to work for one of our major clients based in Ramsgate, Kent. This is a long-term contract position, working full time hours Monday to Friday.
• Support design and specification activities for Mechanical systems based on market technology trends and international standards
• Support the production of documentation relating to mechanical systems and equipment including fuel systems (gas and diesel), lubricating oil systems, coolant systems, etc. including design and development of:
o Control Topologies
o Functional Design Specifications
o Heat & Mass Balances
o Data Sheets
o Statements of Requirements
o Piping Schedules
o Technical Risk Assessment/Design Reviews – ATEX/HAZOP/FMEA/DSEAR/Noise etc.
• Assist in putting together complete technical proposals
• Carry out technical evaluations of Supplier provided quotations and documentation
• Participate in technical meetings with Customers and/or Suppliers
• Inspection and testing (factory acceptance tests (FAT) and site acceptance tests (SAT)) of key deliverables from equipment and service providers
• System problem identification and resolution should problems occur during execution of projects
• Participate in designs and installation reviews and provide guidance during construction stages in complex sites, optimizing site configuration, performance and cost
• Provide feedback/input to improve product design
Should have demonstrable technical experience of the Power Generation Industry including at least a working understanding of generators and associated mechanical systems (fuels, fluids, etc.) and preferably from a high profile major power generation competitor/distributor or from a related industry (oil and gas, process plant, etc.)
On site experience in aspects of Power Plant Commissioning as well as a basic level of experience on electrical systems and components would be a distinct advantage.
Broad application knowledge relevant to the CPG product base across the range of generator set applications is preferred.