On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Mechanical Technician to work for one of our major clients based in Scunthorpe. This is a permanent position, working 40 hours per week with possible overtime.
The position is ideal for a mechanical technician with technical knowledge and practical expertise of installation projects in the agricultural, animal feed, pet food and biomass industries. Previous experience assembling, installing and maintaining bulk solid handling and processing equipment is highly desirable.
This role is an opportunity for the successful candidate to lead a small two-man mechanical installation team working closely with the company’s engineering team. It is a chance to be part of a growing organisation that will open up future career possibilities.
Skill and Experience
- Mechanical engineering qualifications are preferable but not essential. Qualification’s relating to construction particularly plant and powered access equipment are desirable
- Experience in the maintenance of grain drying, storage and processing equipment is useful
- Experience and qualifications on pressure jet oil burners, liquid phase LPG burners and three phase electrical equipment, electrical control equipment and a working knowledge of BS76761 will be highly beneficial
- A sound knowledge of bulk solid processing and handling principles will be useful
- A thorough understanding of the relevant aspects of Health and Safety is essential and qualifications are preferable, training will be provided as required
- Proficient use of job management software is useful
- You will need a full UK driving license and own transport to get to work
- Highly organised, punctual and efficient at time management.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a small team
- Customer service focused
- Capability to tackle challenges head on and support colleagues doing the same
- Naturally curious, desire to understand a problem and share solutions
You will undertake the tasks required to assemble, install, commission, maintenance, service and repair bulk solid handling and processing equipment. These activities may be undertaken at either our head office or on customer’s sites.
The role will include:
- Unloading and loading of equipment from HGVs
- Mechanical assembly of bulk solid handling and processing equipment including conveyors, elevators and silos
- Completion of testing and commissioning of equipment
- Undertake maintenance, repair and refurbishment work on equipment
- Ensure site best practice and routines are adhered to and support the development of less experienced technicians and apprentices in the company
- Complete both internal and external training courses with industry recognised qualifications
- Ensure a safe and tidy working environment is maintained
- Adhere to the company’s safety guidelines
- Work with Engineering Manager and Parts and Project Design Co-ordinator to ensure you have the parts, equipment and information required to complete jobs first time
- Provide feedback on job progress to Engineering Manager, using job management system as required
- Carry out other duties and task as required get the job done
The role will require 40 hours per week between the hours of 7.00am - 4.00pm with an additional one hour break to be taken throughout the day. Significant overtime and travel both regionally and nationally will be required prior to and during harvest.
You will be entitled to 28 days leave including statutory holidays. The facilities, equipment and training required to fulfil the role will be made available. As well as a generous expenses allowance when working away from the head office.
Basic rate is from £11.00 - £15.00 per hour depending on skills and experience.