On Line People Limited are currently looking for an Operations Superintendent to work for one of our major clients based in Aberdeen.
Duration: 12 months
Rate range: £600-700 per day worked LTD
Location: Aberdeen, onshore. Trips offshore every 2 months roughly
Working hours – 8 am to 5:30pm
Contractors will be expected to pay for any requirements themselves.
- The successful candidate will be deputising for Operations Manager when he’s on leave or when there are large projects.
- This is for Morecombe Project
- There are 10 offshore rigs which are manned and unmanned. There are 160 workers offshore at one time.
- There are some ongoing upgrade work which are supported by barges.
- There is a team of 5 OIMs managing the full suite of staff required from project personnel to tech specialists.
- Initially this role will have no direct reports.
- This could potentially go perm. They don’t know the long term future of this position and want to try it out first.
- The person will act as lead on shutdowns
- Interface with any project campaigns
- They will also act as interface for training and competence assessments
- It is a leadership role
- They would input and represent operations at project planning / review meetings.
- Strive to create a safe workplace and to protect the environment in compliance with health, safety and environmental regulations
- Responsible for delivery of the asset business plan in terms of production volumes and lifting costs
- Responsible for effective and successful management of the 90 day and 28 day Asset plans.
- Represents and, when appropriate, stands in for the Operations Manager
- Responsible for planning activities with key internal and external interfaces.
- Contribute to the development of the field optimization strategy and the business planning process.
- Creates the first draft Operations and Maintenance budget.
- Make regular trips offshore to enhance communication and promote understanding of the field plan/annual goals.
- Maintains close liaison with Commercial Department to ensure compliance with all commercial agreements/JOA.
- Responsible for understanding where production loss occurs and ensuring that recover/improvement plans are put in place. Recommend and, where authorised, carry out improvement initiatives.
- Continually review, suggest and implement improvements in efficiency of production operations (including maintenance), through effective communication with other Dana assets. Share and adopt best practices across the company and support and identify opportunities to enhance consistency and alignment between assets, where practicable.
- Monitor the performance of relevant key contractors, and in-house support functions, developing highly positive and constructive relationships with key contacts.
- Provide leadership, direction and coaching to onshore personnel to enhance levels of performance and competency.
- Support recruitment, selection, training and competency programmes for onshore teams, to ensure the effective resourcing of field operations.
- Take ownership for the continuous development of personal and technical expertise and knowledge.
- Work on a peer to peer relationship with OIM’s ensuring daily communication and mutual understanding of issues, mitigations and opportunities.
- Member of the Emergency Response team/ on call pager
- Competence requirements and skills
- Considerable experience of the oil and gas industry, predominantly gained in a production operations environment
- Must have experience with major start up/development project
- Ability to understand business plans and to relate them into day to day operations
- Good understanding and awareness of commercial agreements and industry compliance requirements
- Understanding and awareness of local area operating agreements
- Good working knowledge and application of relevant UK industry regulations relating to the oil and gas industry
- Sound working knowledge and demonstration of safe working practices
- Familiar with quality processes and the application of continuous improvement tools desirable
- Proven ability to interact effectively at all levels and encourage a team ethos across core crew and subcontractors
- Highly effective relationship-builder internally and externally
- Ability to work in a fast moving, customer focused environment whilst maintaining the highest ethical integrity.
- Ability to understand and react with diverse groups and operations
- Computer literacy required on Windows based applications
- Ability to seek solutions outside the norm and through other industries and initiatives.
- Must be a strong team member whilst also having the ability to work independently.
- Standalone role
- They need to have worked offshore in the past and have a understanding of manned and unmanned sites.
- They need to be self starter
- Be receptive and embrace change.
- Input into process improvement
Interviews – Telephone first and then face to face in Aberdeen.