On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Procurement Manager to work for one of our major clients. The successful candidate will work predominantly in the Humber region, almost exclusively in Grimsby, Immingham and Hull.
Salary & Benefits: Salary will be commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience, and the client offers a Contributory Pension Scheme, Private Medical Insurance, Car Allowance and Bonus entitlement.
The role is initially project-specific but will become a Company-wide role in the future. The initial project is complicated and unique, with typical petrochemical industry sub-contract services being required, and inherent on-site risks, tight schedules and multiple interfaces. That said, it is an exciting new build project on an existing petrochem park.
The successful candidate will manage subcontractors’ understanding of the project, so commercial acumen is key, and the Procurement Manager will be contractually equipped to negotiate, and will offset our key terms, therefore this is far beyond being a buying role.
Someone who is analytical, the Procurement Manager will manage simulations with the client, and come to rounded decisions; bringing together technical, commercial and financial aspects and understanding of technology and engineering, they will be confident in their capability in bespoke projects.
The Procurement Manager must be a real team player, with excellent communication skills. They must be comfortable with client uncertainty – someone who can really think on their feet.
- Dealing with EU based vendors
- International / overseas sourcing
- Bespoke buying
- Very experienced in EPC
- Background in processing:
- Power stations
- Technical equipment
- Comfortable talking to engineers, and understanding the technical aspects
- Procuring capital equipment, process guarantees – CapEx, not OpEx
- Involved in engineering - not in an operating environment
- Project-oriented background, as no two of our projects are the same
- The PM must be persuasive, and able to deal confidently and competently with a very demanding client
- Confident in their aims for procuring the package
- Must be able to ask engineers the right questions, to extract the necessary information from them
- Strong negotiator
- Good listener
- Excellent communicator
- Forms strong relationships quickly
- Works to tight deadlines
- Manages, interfaces, motivates, influences, and prioritises