On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Project Engineer with a Civils/Structural specialist background to work for one of our clients based in Hull. This is a permanent position with an excellent benefits package.
This role forms part of a small team that is responsible for the delivery of contracted maintenance works, new construction works, third party construction works, development of scheme proposals and providing technical support to the regional team in supporting the company’s ongoing five-year plan.
To ensure engineering works are delivered in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner whilst maintaining a best practice culture for all works.
• Management of the engineering department’s Project Technicians ensuring engineering works are carried out in accordance with health and safety legislation, to best practice and in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Overcoming both day-to-day engineering problems and developing long term solutions for a variety of engineering applications in line with operational and budgetary constraints.
• Identify and prepare cost estimates for both present and future engineering works as necessary followed by the management of capital expenditure budgets.
• Produce tender documentation and undertake the contract administration for engineering works in line with company policies and procedures.
• Provide leadership for the engineering staff encouraging professional development and skills training and advising line managers on general staffing matters.
• Maintain pace with all safety regulations and new technical innovations in order to provide advice and support to line managers.
• Assist line managers with work planning to ensure the most efficient use is made of the resources available to carry out engineering works.
• Regularly audit both engineering staff and contractors to ensure that they are working in accordance with agreed safety guidelines.
• Meet with port users and potential customers to discuss engineering matters and or other items of common interest.
• Identify and manage as necessary environmental matters.
• Be responsible for the ongoing management, development and training of team members.
• Undertake appraisals and ensure team members have sufficient knowledge to be able to carry out their duties independently on a day-to-day basis.
Skills and qualifications
• Degree or equivalent in Building, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or Construction.
• H&S and Environmental experience in engineering projects.
• Project management of engineering works
• Flexible approach to working hours and weekend working.
• Based in Hull but willing to travel as required to Ports within the Humber region (Hull, Goole, Grimsby & Immingham).
• PC Literate with experience in Word and Excel.
• Good communication skills and team working skills
• An enthusiastic and confident nature
• Willing to travel to undergo training as required
• Chartered membership to Building, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or Construction
• NEBOSH construction certificate
• Experience of current AutoCAD drawing packages
• An awareness and understanding of processes, procedures and policies associated with project management of contractors.
• Experience in mentoring junior members