Project Procurement Specialist
On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Project Procurement Specialist to work for one of our clients based in Hull. You will be required to provide procurement support to various capital projects on their site. This is a contract position which is expected to last approximately 2-3 years.
The primary focus of the role is to understand the site’s requirements in support of the Capital Plan and to deliver the required Procurement activities against the plan for multiple projects to cover Engineering Services, Engineered Equipment and potential Construction Services, including where required Construction Management services.
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for working with colleagues across the Downstream Procurement organization, and particularly those in the category teams, to ensure that local requirements and constraints are properly understood and accounted as well as developing the project specific Procurement and Contracting strategies and ensuring compliance with the Procurement deliverables within Pcp4 (Projects common process). They ensure that Downstream Procurement works with business stakeholders as a single, coordinated and aligned organization that brings the best global team to deliver value to the business.
• Act as the site-based interface to the project team and local suppliers, as defined by the SPM, ensuring business customers are satisfied with their Procurement service.
• Work as part of a single Downstream Procurement organisation, providing a co-ordinated and aligned interface for business stakeholders, through effective communication and interaction with the global Downstream Procurement organisation
• Provides specialist Procurement advice and guidance to business stakeholders
• Provides specialist Procurement coaching and advice to more junior team members
Demand & Planning and Strategy
• Manages demand analysis and gathers business needs across spend, including management and planning
• Leads SPM with supplier performance management and compliance program (CAM programme) on behalf of category management team including supplier planning, target setting and holding key meetings
• Manages inputs to regional and/or local business, supplier and demand insight provided to category teams to inform development of project specific Procurement and Contracting strategies
• Oversee day-to-day interaction with GBS e.g. RfX event management and compliance to site guideline
• Leads contract signing and planning for contract management; perform all contract management activities including contract set-up and handover from Sourcing (working in close partnership with category teams), change negotiation, localisation,
on-boarding contract holders and suppliers, contract implementation, disputes and claims, close-out and exit, and compliance management.
Projects and Emergency Incidents
Support the Project manager with project planning and execution
• Co-ordinating inputs and overseeing activities involving multiple DP resources often physically located in a different place
• Perform day-to-day procurement activity at a Manufacturing site in support of the Site Procurement, Category and Project Managers
• Bring specialist Procurement knowledge and experience to address and solve project-based Procurement issues and problems
• Indication of travel requirements: negligible
Experience and expertise
• University degree in a technical or related equivalent business discipline or a comparable degree program
• MCIPS/ISM qualification, or at stage of pre-qualification, desirable.
Experience (years and nature)
• Skilled Application in sourcing, contracting and contract management
• Skilled Application in tactical procurement
• Skilled Application in supplier management
• Skilled Application in business and demand planning
• Skilled Application in category strategy execution
• Experience in Ariba e-sourcing or other e-procurement tools is desirable.
• Skilled Application in Commercial negotiation skills.
• Skilled Application in Influencing and stakeholder management skills.
• Skilled Application in Organisational and project management skills.
• Skilled Application in Financial and market analysis skills.
• Very good written and oral German and English language skills
Economic dimensions associated with the role
• Size of Project investment ($50m investment over 5 years)
• Interaction with local key stakeholders and site Leadership Team