On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor/Estimator to work for one of our major clients based in Immingham. This is initially a contract position, working full time hours Monday to Friday. Approximate duration is 12 months+.
- Responsible for providing contract administration, financial measurement, valuation and certification to construction contracts.
- Responsible for management and development of the project estimating databases and models and the production of project cost estimates.
- Supervises agency project QS Team
Contract Engineer/Administrator (QS)
- Liaison with construction and procurement groups in the preparation, award and management of construction / fabrication contracts
- Supervises and directs agency project Quantity Surveyors to achieve required standard of contract cost control
- Develop and amend “Schedule of Rates” basis to apply to discipline construction contracts
- Develop and implement processes to measure, value and certify construction works performed
- Coordinates with 3rd Party Contractors to resolve cost management issues
- Support project leaders and construction disciplines to negotiate and resolve contract claims and variations
- Provides advice and guidance on optimal compensation / measurement methods
- Input to cost monitoring and forecasting of construction projects
- Manage site instructions and variation orders
- Through effective contract control has impact on a significant element of the refinery capital budget
Project Cost Estimating
- Develop and maintain the estimating database and models
- Interpret project scopes of work and engineering work pack to establish quantity take offs for estimating
- Understands discipline (Civil, Structural, Piping, Mechanical, Electrical & Instrumentation, Painting) standards to apply in estimating process
Produce cost estimates for all refinery projects; conceptual order of magnitude through to detailed full funding approval levels.
- Strong negotiation / influencing skills
- Computer literacy (Excel, SAP)
- Analytical skills
- Ability to rationalise options
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Focus in continuous improvement
- Knowledge of Procurement / Accounting policy
- High ethical standards
- Ability to interact with contractors
- Engenders trust
· Strong interpersonal skills
- Quantity Survey (QS) trained and certificated
- Contract knowledge and expertise