Senior Instrument Engineer
On Line People Limited are currently looking for an Instrument Engineer to work for one of our major clients based in Hessle. This is a contract position for 6 months+, working full time hours Monday to Friday.
• Knowledge of the specification and selection of process instrumentation and valves
• Completion of Instrument Datasheets for process instrumentation and valves
• Development of project solutions from concept through to detail design
• Management of Junior Engineers and Design personnel working on their allocated projects
• Review and management of project plans and costs within their immediate control.
• Experience of the design and implementation of industrial communications networks e.g. Modbus, Profibus DP, TCP/IP networks would be advantageous.
• Experience in the integration and/or deployment of control systems (DCS, PLC, SCADA, ESD, F&G)
• Significant experience in conducting site surveys on various types of Instrumentation equipment and systems and able to define scopes of work based on such surveys
• >5 years experience in an Engineering design office/project environment
• Knowledge and design of intrinsically safe circuits and I.S. Descriptive Documents/Calculations
• Have significant experience in the design and selection of equipment for installation in potentially explosive atmospheres e.g. ATEX/DSEAR.
• Have >3 years experience (Engineer) or >10 years (Senior) in the process industries e.g. Chemicals, Petrochem, Oil & Gas etc.
• Production of workpacks and construction narratives/scopes of work.
• Generation of project estimates for own discipline
• Sound knowledge of the Functional Safety standards BS EN 61511 and BS EN 61508 and their implementation on actual projects
• Experience of the design and specification of instrumentation and control systems associated with ESD, Fire and Gas and other critical duties
• Ability to write detailed, structured technical reports and business cases
• Experience of HAZOP and/or SIL Determination attendance wold be advantageous
• Degree in Instrumentation and Control or relevant subject. Experience in lieu of this alongside lower qualifications will be considered
• Compex EX 12 would be advantageous
• Functional Safety registered professional/Engineer with TUV/Exida etc. also advantageous
• A willingness to travel for site visits/surveys is essential (ongoing/rolling contract).