On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Service Technician to work for one of our major clients based in Scunthorpe. This is a permanent position, working 40 hours per week with possible overtime when required.
The position is ideal for an agricultural technician who has a broad experience of the assembly, service, maintenance and repair of agricultural equipment. Technical knowledge and practical expertise relating to grain drying, processing and storage equipment is an advantage.
This is a rewarding role for the successful candidate to develop a successful career in the agricultural industry within a growing organisation. The role will provide the applicant opportunity to progress their training and expand upon their own skills.
Skill and Experience
- Land based engineering or mechanical engineering qualifications are preferable but not essential
- Experienced in the maintenance of farm machinery, grain processing and storage equipment
- Knowledge, experience and qualification on pressure jet oil burners, liquid phase LPG burners and three phase electrical equipment, electrical control equipment and a working knowledge of BS76761 will be highly beneficial
- A sound knowledge of grain drying, cleaning and handling principles will be useful
- A thorough understanding of the relevant aspects of Health and Safety is essential and qualifications preferable, training will be provided as required
- Proficient use of job management software is useful
- You will need a full UK driving license and own transport to get to work.
- Highly organised, punctual and efficient at time management.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently on jobs
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a small team
- Customer service focused
- Capability to tackle challenges head on and support colleagues doing the same
- Naturally curious, desire to understand a problem and share solutions.
You will undertake the tasks required to prepare new and used grain equipment for the company’s customers including assembly, installation, commissioning, maintenance, service and repair. These activities may be undertaken at either our head office or on customer’s sites.
The role will include:
- Unloading and loading of equipment from HGVs
- Assembly of mobile grain driers
- Completion of pre-delivery inspection and testing of equipment
- Loading and moving equipment in workshop and yard as required
- Undertake maintenance, repair and refurbishment work on used grain equipment
- Clean and pressure wash machines and equipment as required
- Ensure workshop best practice and routines are adhered to and support the development of the technicians and apprentices in the company
- Both internal and external training courses with industry recognised qualifications
- Ensure a safe and tidy working environment is maintained
- Adhere to the company’s safety guidelines
- Work with Operations Manager and Parts and Equipment Co-ordinator to ensure you have the parts, equipment and information required to complete jobs first time
- Provide feedback on job progress to Operations Manager, using job management system as required
- Carry out other duties and task as required get the job done
The role will require 40 hours per week between the hours of 7.00am - 4.00pm with an additional one hour break to be taken throughout the day. Significant overtime and travel both regionally and nationally will be required prior to and during harvest.
You will be entitled to 28 days leave including statutory holidays. The facilities, equipment and training required to fulfil the role will be made available. As well as a generous expenses allowance during when working away from the head office.
Basic rate is from £11.00 - £15.00 per hour depending on skills and experience.