Structural Design Engineer
On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Structural Design Engineer to work for one of our major clients based in Scunthorpe. This is a long-term contract position, working approximately 36.5 hours per week.
- In addition to providing specialist advice in Structural Engineering to the Plant engineer and site.
- You will be required to investigate plant based structural issues and prepare, detailed designs, specifications, drawings and contract documents to provide the appropriate solutions.
- The design engineer will ensure that Business standards regarding safety, technical performance, quality, finance and programme are maintained.
- Site measuring/surveys
- Production of 2D CAD drawings using AutoCAD or Microstation software.
- Production of 3D CAD drawings using Solidworks software.
- Must be capable of producing layout and detail fabrication structural drawings, including identifying materials and assembly procedures.
- Structural engineering calculations – not essential
- HNC/HND in structural engineering
- Minimum of 5 years structural engineering experience, preferable in a heavy engineering environment.
- Must be competent in the use of AutoCAD, Solidworks and computer design software.
- Experience in the use of STAAD and CSC Tedds software and experience in providing engineering design structural calculations would be advantageous.