On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Structural Designer to work for one of our clients based in Hull. This is a contract position for approximately 3-6 months, working full time hours Monday to Friday.
• Experience of the UK structural steelwork industry.
• Ability to produce GA’s, detailed fabrication drawings including materials and bolt lists.
• A minimum of 3 years’ steelwork detailing experience.
• Experience in detailing access platforms, stairs, cat ladders and pipe supports required.
• Full working knowledge of AutoCAD 2D software.
• A good understanding of AutoCAD 3D software.
• Ability to raise & interpret TQ’s.
• Ability to interpret Engineers’ calculations.
• Knowledge of the relevant British Standards and Building Regulations.
• Must work well as an individual and/or part of a multi-discipline team.
• Strong communication & organizational skills.
• Have a strong work ethic and positive attitude with the ability to meet tight deadlines
An understanding of the following would be advantageous: -
• Site experience wrt surveying existing steelwork/pipework.
• Point cloud survey analysis.
• Ability to understand and read piping isometrics and civil drawings.