Structural Integrity Engineer
On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Structural Integrity Engineer to work for one of our major clients based in Hull. This is a contract position, working full time hours Monday to Friday. Approximate duration is 6 months, however upon finish this will be reviewed.
The Structural Integrity Engineer is the focal point for day to day Structural and Civil Issues on the clients assets (top tier COMAH and OSCR 2015 apply) and also acts as the technical lead to ensure that the client does all that is reasonably practicable to maintain structural integrity.
The successful applicant will be the sole structural specialist so will have to liaise with multiple specialist 3rd parties and management at all levels of the business.
- Management of Structural Integrity Management (SIM) Contractor, Structural & Civils Integrity Management (SCIM) Contractor for Onshore and the Inspector Contractor (IC) responsible for structures both onshore and offshore.
- Structural Integrity Management of all assets- Review (inspection and maintenance work scopes), Assess (inspection findings and make recommendations), Evaluate (make recommendations for change management)
- Structural Focal Point for all projects (topside, airgap, subsea, civils & onshore).
- Ensure civil and structural inspection standards, philosophies and strategies are up to date and enacted in accordance with SECE maintenance requirements.
- Manage the production of the annual statement of integrity.
- Provide structural input to any emergency response situation.
- Support operated assets in the specification of structural components or systems and the management of any specialist contractors.
- Financial planning of all structural related works- Short and Medium term.
- Liaison with key stake holders: Independent Verification Body, HSE, Independent competent persons, HCA.
The successful applicant will:
- Have proven analytical and problem solving skills (RCA)
- Have well-developed planning and organisational skills.
- Be solution driven either individually or in a team
- Be able to demonstrate examples of the following behaviours:
- Remove barriers and improve efficiencies
- Develop others
- Share knowledge and learning
- Constructively challenge all levels of management
- Be able to manage teams in small campaigns on remote assets
- Awareness of structural management standards E.G. ISO 19902, API 2SIM
- Awareness of inspection techniques and rational
- Knowledge of materials typically used in Oil & Gas industry
- Understanding relevant legislation in Oil and Gas industry
Required: education to degree level in Structural Engineering or similar discipline seeking professional chartership with an accredited body.
Minimum experience: 5 years in similar role.
Role specific training will be provided
- Good understanding of SAP CMMS in relation to Maintenance Management.
- Proficient with the MS office suite of applications.
- Engineering experience of procurement, contract and project management.
BOSIET, MIST, Current Offshore Medical preferable