Warehouse & Shunting Operative
Job Title: Warehouse & Shunting Operative
Rate: £10 Per Hour - Inclusive of a 25% shift allowance
This international company is one of the largest steel producers in the world and they are expanding at great rate due to high demand.
- You will be responsible to undertake various warehouse duties such as:
- To operate processes which include Multi-strand blanking lines and cut to length line in accordance with procedure to meet productivity requirements, ensuring product is manufactured to relevant quality standards.
- Able to multi-task effectively and prioritise workflow appropriately.
- Comply with all company health, safety and environmental policies and rules. Understand the importance of working safely and respecting the safety of others.
- Effectively communicate with fellow Operators, Supervisors and Management.
- Highlight any risk relating to product quality, production targets or health and safety to the Site Shift Supervisor.
- Conduct first line maintenance activities, complete associated documentation and report any concerns to Site Shift Supervisors as appropriate.
- Adopt a flexible working attitude and be willing to learn new skills to provide support across all departments.
- Job Requirements
- Previous experience in production is preferred.
- Locate stock in warehouse, using the IT picking process.
- To load vehicles using FLT and crane (training will be given).
- To load and secure vehicles to the safety guidelines (LRG rules).
- To complete loading paperwork to the required standards.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world class company for people who are looking for a long career with excellent long term prospects.
If you are interested please respond in the first instance to Wayne.Brown@olpeople.co.uk