Wintel Server Analyst
On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Wintel Server Analyst to work for one of our major clients based in Immingham. This is a contract position, working full time hours Monday to Friday and will be for an initial period of twelve (12) months, after which time the role and requirement will be re-assessed.
The Server Analyst is a contributing member of the Global Windows Operations Team and may be responsible for:
• Installing, configuring, and maintaining the operating system and hardware on Windows based servers.
• Participating in ‘Follow the Sun’ support for global infrastructure servers.
• Developing and promoting standard operating procedures.
• Conducting audits of servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
• Being available to perform tasks outside normal business hours and on weekends as well as being on call for at least one week per quarter.
• 4 years experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2012R2/2016 Operating Systems with direct experience in diagnostics, troubleshooting, and problem solving for hardware, software, and OS
• Willing and able to perform tasks outside normal business hours and be on call for at least one week per quarter
Preferred but not essential:
• Knowledge of AWS/Azure Cloud services, and how to troubleshoot within those environments.
• Knowledge and experience in the administration of VMware technologies.
• Familiarity with PowerShell scripting.
• Knowledge of DevOps, Scripting and Automation.
• Setup, configuration, and problem diagnostics of server hardware including RAID, mirrored disks, and SAN/NetApp
• Ability to work effectively across time zones and geography
• Knowledge of unattended setup procedures and RIS
• Knowledge of VB scripting
• Knowledge of SMS and applications deployment
• Understanding of WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, WINS
• Understanding of Active Directory, Group Policy and DFS
• Knowledge of remote support concepts and tools
• Operations experience
• Good interpersonal and communication skills