Cash Banking Analyst
On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Cash Banking Analyst to work for one of our major clients based in Immingham. This is a full-time contract position with an initial duration of 12 months, this will then be reviewed and perhaps extended further.
Basic Function Responsible for daily operational processes associated with making vendor payments, posting customer receivables, cash collections across Europe, managing customer account balances for UK Marketing, cash flow forecasting, reconciling bank and SAP G/L accounts for Europe and Singapore, accounting for bank receivables, chasing outstanding customer debt and providing support to Business Units.
Includes but not limited to:
- Daily processing of outgoing payments, using both Host-to-Host automated and manual functionality to ensure that payments are actioned efficiently and accurately
- Daily processing of customer Direct Debit collections across Europe facilitated through several stand-alone banking systems
- Work with Business Units to validate transactions processed on their behalf, and agree future requirements
- Daily recording in SAP of cash received into bank accounts
- Customer follow-up for outstanding debt and clearing of accounts on behalf of some of the Business Units supported
- Reviewing customer receivable balances against authorised credit limits
- Close working relationship with Treasury Department, including producing London cash forecasts
- Monthly reconciliation of various SAP GL accounts.
Critical Skills/Leadership Criteria
- Computer literate including knowledge of SAP
- Experience of Cash Management and / or Accounting Functions
- Strong numeracy skills
- Team player but also able to manage own workload with focus on key daily deliverables
- Flexible attitude and commitment to accuracy
- Resilient and logical when faced with problems and tight deadlines
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Encourage continuous improvement
- Legally authorised to work in the United Kingdom