On Line People Limited are currently looking for an Expeditor to work for one of our major clients based in Immingham. This is initially a contract position for approximately twelve (12) months. You will be accountable for the efficient and effective on time delivery of all materials, equipment, fabrications and vendor documentation as required for the execution of the company and maintenance works.
You will ensure excellent communication between Maintenance Planners, TA Planners, Discipline Engineers, Project Leaders, Project Requisitioners, Buyers, Contract Specialists and Inspectors. To develop and monitor the big picture view by supplier, discipline, project, TA event and maintenance jobs of orders, required by dates, hold points and FAT dates.
You will be responsible for the liaison with suppliers and fabricators to expedite and where necessary prioritise the deliveries to ensure on time deliveries to meet the company’s work plans and priorities. The development of supplier relationships.
Provision of feedback on supply chain processes form requisition to delivery to ensure continuous improvement in sourcing strategies planning, requisitioning and supplier services and market intelligence.
Accountabilities and End Results:
Accountable for on time delivery of items required for the execution of the company’s maintenance and project schedules in a timely, cost effective and value adding manner under the framework of established procure to pay and expediting processes. Accountable for expediting activities including supplier site visits, status reporting and excellent communication and liaison with Inspection to ensure quality is achieved and early warnings on deviations to schedule are highlighted in a timely manner and business decisions made to address problem areas.
• Monitor and expedite as required orders to ensure the work execution schedules are maintained
• Participation in pre-award engineering FEL meetings as required
• Work with business stakeholders to understand schedules and requirements for each area
• Development and continuous improvement of an expediting request system including:
• Frequency and timing of supplier visits to comply with the expediting plan ensuring the quality of reporting is being maintained
• Ensuring the engineering schedule has been reviewed and is being maintained
• Monitoring status of drawing & documents submission and return
• Ensuring sub-orders are being placed and delivered to support the manufacturing schedule
• Ensuring supplier’s expediting of critical sub-orders is being performed
• Ensuring potential slippages are being identified and communicated early and corrective action is being addressed
• Advising any delivery impacts immediately with suggested corrective actions
• Ensure delivery forecasts are communicated
• Responsibility for Supplier Relationship Management in partnership with Procurement with a number of suppliers and assist in driving improvement activities leading to improved
• performance overall
• Ensure excellent communication on emergent issues impacting required by dates
• Facilitate proposals and negotiations around schedule recovery action when slippages
• Compile weekly status reports on equipment status and vendor order books
• Understand criticality of materials being expediting
• Responsible for feedback into the Approved Manufacturers / Fabricators process
• Provide input into and monitor vendor performance
• Liaise with Technical department when required
• Liaise with Projects Inspector and Inspection Group and ensure supplier visits are coordinated
• Responsible for the recording, tracking and follow up of actions from supplier expediting
• Ensure quality plans, weld procedures, inspection and test plans are followed including
inspection hold points as per contract
• Involvement in factory acceptance testing as required
• Responsible for liaison with procurement and freight forwarding company to ensure
efficient release and shipment where applicable
• Knowledge of equipment and its components.
• Good communication skills both written and oral Good computer skills
• Confident/capable when dealing with suppliers and colleagues Knowledge of purchasing
systems & processes
• Be able to balance long/short term priorities
• Have courage to expose and resolve conflicts in an efficient manner.
• Establish priorities and develops critical tasks
• Accepts ownership, is accountable and delivers on commitments
• Customer focused
• Innovative & responsive
• Appropriate engineering or QA/QC qualification
• QA/QC experience
• 3- 5 years experience in project expediting
• Must be able to travel approx. 25% of time if required