Generator Service Engineer
On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Generator Service Engineer to work for one of our major clients based in Hull. This is a permanent position working full-time hours Monday to Friday.
Reporting to the Operation’s Manager, the Generator Engineer will provide maintenance, installation, diagnosis, repair and testing services across a range of diesel generator sets and associated equipment. Our support is carried out at client’s premises or at our head office base in Hull. Key tasks include:
- Carrying out PPM, diagnostic, testing and remedial works on Diesel/Bio Diesel Generators.
- Carrying out client site visits and generating accurate and timely reports.
- Projecting spares requirements for upcoming and planned works.
- Customer liaison, ensuring complete customer satisfaction at all times
- Supporting operational tasks i.e. reporting, quotations, progress reports, customer enquiries etc.
- Generator load testing and fuel polishing.
- Installation and setup of generator remote monitoring systems.
- Fault diagnostic using thermal imaging cameras.
- Generator commission and installation
- A background within Diesel Engines/Generators
- Good working knowledge of mechanical and electrical principles.
- Knowledge of the Electrical wiring regulations.
- A responsible approach to health and safety
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Holds a Safety passport/CSCS card
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Full clean driving licence