On Line People Limited are currently looking for an Industrial Hygienist to work for one of our major clients based in Immingham. This is a contract position for approximately 10 months, working 40 hours per week
To provide professional and expert advice to ensure the company complies with legislative requirements in the field of industrial hygiene. A key part of this role will be the continual improvement in working environments to minimise any detrimental health effects on employees. Direct, develop and co-ordinate the implementation of industrial hygiene standards, programmes and procedures to ensure a work environment free of recognised hazards.
Primary Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Establish policies and standards, which promote good health and industrial hygiene practice throughout the Humber Refinery & BU’s.
- Provide guidance and help in training industrial hygiene techniques to enable workplace surveys / reviews / audits as necessary.
- Work with business units to develop health and occupational hygiene programmes which are integrated into similar safety and environment programmes.
- Provide technical advice to the businesses to identify health issues and network good practice and carry out any necessary Occupational Hygiene reviews / audits.
- Represent the Humber Refinery at corporate Hygiene NOE.
- Ensure all Hygiene requirements are included in relevant management audit systems.
- Direct personnel and area exposure monitoring and review results.
- Conduct, with area resources, periodic health audits.
- Oversee REACH, RR99, RSR &COSHH regulation compliance and reviews.
- Update SDS information and procedure as necessary.
- Manage the Radiation Mgt procedure, including low level radioactive waste material
Critical Skills (e.g. relevant qualifications, experience, knowledge)
- In depth regulatory knowledge.
- Background in industrial health and hygiene management.
- BOHS Certificate of Operational Competence.