Instrument Engineer SIS
On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Instrument Engineer (SIS) to work for one of our major clients based in Immingham. This is initially a contract position for approximately 12 months after which time the role will be re-assessed.
The provision of measurement, control and safety system engineering support to enable;
- Compliance with corporate Required Standards for SIS / Instrumented IPL’s
- BS EN 61511 compliance activities
- Development of PHA/HAZOP/LOPA improvement actions related to Instrumentation.
- Closure of Health and Safety Executive action items including COMAH safety report updates.
- Support the Lead Instrument Engineer and SIS Engineer in the management of critical instrumentation.
- Conduct Functional Safety Assessments and Audits and assist with the closure of existing open FSA actions.
- Assist with the implementation of the Functional Safety competency management system.
- Provide Instrument / SIS support during PHA/LOPA studies.
- Review PHA/LOPA output to ensure validity of instrumented safeguarding claims
- Develop / Implement maintenance plans / strategies associated with new PHA / LOPA
- Conduct initial screening of PHA action items and where relevant develop project scope.
- Produce specifications, calculations and cost estimates as required supporting assigned projects.
- Working knowledge and experience of Safety Instrumented Systems design and management activities
- Working knowledge and experience of Instrumentation maintenance practises / techniques
- Ability to understand technical documentation (Loop diagrams, C&E, P&ID’s)
- Establishes priorities and manages multiple parallel critical tasks.
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Self-motivated team worker with an eye for detail.
- Ability to perform PFD calculations.
- Previous experience with SAP PM modules preferred.
- Engineering Degree in an Electrical, Electronic or Control subject.
- Member of the InstMC, IET or IChemE
- Chartered Engineer preferred
- Functional Safety Engineer certification e.g TUV FS Eng