Instrument Project Engineer
On Line People Limited are currently looking for an Instrument Project Engineer to work for one of our major clients based in Immingham. This is initially a contract position for approximately twelve (12) months.
- To ensure engineering requirements are properly implemented and instrumentation technical support is provided to support Company operations and the development of new projects.
- Support and guide design and draughting personnel in the production of drawings and specifications to ensure these are produced to Company Standards without error and to and agreed schedule.
- Co-ordinate and own activities to ensure design packages are completed in a timely manner.
- Provide a focal point between the Project Contractor, Vendors (which may include Equipment suppliers and/or sub-contractors to the main engineering/construction contractors), Company Project Team and Records Group.
- Ensure all site measurement and investigation work is accomplished to ensure design allows for safe and economic construction.
- Provide feedback to the Records Group at the end of the Project to ensure any possible improvements to the Standards and/or Procedures are captured for inclusion in future Projects.
- Provide instrument engineering expertise to enable estimates, design and construction functions to be fulfilled.
- Review the scope of works for the Project highlighting any uncertainties or omissions and be actively involved with queries and discussions to establish accurate scope and understanding.
- Produce specifications as required
- Produce calculations as required
- Assist in generation of cost estimates
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship
- Ensure all designs & documentation (including vendor & manufacturer supplied information and inspection documentation) comply with Company standards and requirements.
- Produce Management of Change Documentation.
- Produce Safety Instrumented Systems Documentation in line with Company Standards and IEC61511
- Microsoft Office Products.
- Experience working on a top tier COMAH site.
- Technically competent with reference to protection concepts for Hazardous Areas
- Competent in Design and Management of Safety Instrument Systems
- Preferred Degree in Control/ Electronic Systems or equivalent subject
- HNC - Instrument & Control Operations Engineering or equivalent subject + 10 years’ experience at Engineer Grade.