Interim Senior Buyer
On Line People Limited are currently looking for an Interim Senior Buyer to work for one of our major clients based in Leeds and Stallingborough within their integrations team. This is initially a contract position for approximately 6 months.
You will play a key part in ensuring a smooth transition of the entire procurement function from the sellers centralised procurement team to the newly formed company procurement team.
In order for the newly acquired assets to run effectively, safely and reliably, the effective integration of their current contracts and alignment with the company’s procurement processes post acquisition is vital.
Reporting to the Senior Procurement Manager, the role will be primarily based in either Leeds or South Humber Bank with the potential requirement to travel to the seller’s procurement team in Sofia, Bulgaria, and to the acquired businesses in Northern Ireland.
• The Interim Senior Buyer will be responsible for: -
• The transition of all contracts from the seller
• Fulfilment of the day to day operational procurement needs (working with the assets to build relationships)
• Sourcing and vetting future Suppliers whilst managing and rationalising current Supply Chain
• Processing purchase orders through SAP
• Drafting, negotiating and managing tenders through OJEU
• Promoting the role and value of the procurement function
• Operating and maintaining any required systems to support and improve the procurement function (such as vendor databases, credit checks, etc)
• Providing Procurement and general commercial support to the assets (such as negotiations, etc)
• Any other procurement tasks that may be required as a result of the acquisition
• Minimum of 2 years Procurement experience (ideally within power generation)
• SAP experience
• OJEU Procurement experience (ideally negotiated procedure)
• Understanding of general and contract law
• Team player
• Able to self-direct and prioritise activities in the context of business needs
• Self-motivated and flexible
• Effective IT and communication skills (verbal & written)
• Able to demonstrate experience of identifying commercial/contract risks and
• The ability to influence and build relationships across multiple sites and
• Effective stakeholder engagement and management
• CIPS qualified (or working towards)