Maintenance Technician - Electrical
One Line People Limited are currently looking for a Maintenance Technician (Electrical) to work for our client covering the Leicestershire region (van provided) this is a full-time permanent role. You will work 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday with occasional emergency call out duties.
You will work across a number of sites, so you will need to travel, be flexible as you will support a wide geographic area.
The key function is to support the client in delivering building services maintenance and repairs across different properties to ensure buildings are maintained to the highest standards and to provide a safe and secure environment for visitors, customers, and employees.
Ensure compliance in line with all processes/procedures and policies that meets organisational standards/requirements including but not limited to our Health & Safety Policy/HTMs (Health Technical Memoranda) and SFG20. Ensuring new or revised policies are implemented within own work areas.
- Deliver planned and reactive maintenance services from the PPM planner, ensuring that operational standards are maintained at all times. Duties may include (but not limited to) fault finding, minors repairs or installations and maintaining services and equipment within critical environments.
- Ability to assess problems to determine the best course of action, this would include complex technical issues.
- To maintain effective site log books at all the clients premises ensuring that they are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work with and support the Projects/Construction team and Technical Supervisor in identifying, scoping, and delivering minor capital works for the clients premises. Able to plan and organise a number of complex activities and adapt within a changing and challenging work environment.
- Able to provide solutions to problems and undertake new installations from design to completion.
- Provides practical training to staff and contractors. e.g. site inductions and emergency procedures.
- Complete suitable risk assessments prior to undertaking works, ensuring compliance with all safety standards and undertake works as per instructions within any relevant permit or work plan.
- Understand the principles of fire risk assessment and relevant precautions within the workplace.
- Record and report any risk, loss, or defect to the Technical Supervisor and/or helpdesk as appropriate with a view to making recommendations for corrective action and seeking authority to act.
- Support the Building Services maintenance team and colleagues in providing excellent customer service at all time.
- Participate in an emergency call out service as required.
- Able to communicate technical and or complex information to various stakeholders
- As directed by the Technical Supervisor to manage, co-ordinate or supervise works with external contractors or colleague teams for tenants and customers as required to complete tasks in line with schedules of work.
- To complete all relevant mandatory and job-related training in line with company requirements.
- Other relevant duties consistent with the general requirements of building services maintenance as directed by the Team Leader or helpdesk.
BTEC City & Guilds plus relevant experience and training.
NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in relevant trade.
Formal apprenticeship or craft trained equivalent.
Full UK Driving Licence. Current qualification to the latest standard of BS 7671 City & Guilds (18th edition)
IPAF / PASMA license.
Current CSCS Health & Safety Card Holder.
IOSH Managing Safely
Additional Trade qualification electrical/gas.
Appropriate knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety and environment standards.
Competency in manual handling, working at height, confined spaces, legionella & asbestos awareness.
Able to work from drawings and written specifications.
Understanding of a wide range of work procedures/practices in specialist area.
To work as a team of to undertake works or repairs.
Understanding of Electrical Systems and infrastructure.
Understanding of basic plumbing and systems.
Previous experience working within a buildings maintenance environment.
Working within the requirements of method statements or permit to work.
Experience maintaining services to SFG20.
Previous experience working within Healthcare Services.
Awareness of HTM standards.
Previous experience working with CAFM reporting systems.
Able to maintain building systems including heating, ventilation, and air conditioning within public buildings in line with safety/technical guidelines.
Able to identify faults and carry out repairs.
Good communication, numeracy, literacy, working with IT and Office 365 or equivalent.
Knowledge and understanding of additional building services i.e. mechanical services, electrical or air-conditioning systems.
PERSONAL QUALITITIES / ABILITIES
Ability to problem solve and work from own initiative, managing own time and priorities.
Able to communicate with team colleagues, managers and customers, explaining problems and provide solutions.
Flexible approach to working across multiple disciplines
OTHER REQUIREMENTS AS APPLICABLE
To wear company issued Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times
Reliable and Punctual.
Courteous and Discreet.