Our client is the name behind some of the world’s biggest brands providing practical, environmentally minded solutions to the problems of everyday life. In 38 countries, they have 5,400+ employees working to improve a diverse range of markets - from personal and health care, to home care and plastics.
We currently have an opportunity for a Process Operator (Chemical Plant Operator) to join the team at our Ditton site in Cheshire. The purpose of this role is to deliver the sites Safety, Environmental and Quality legal and company requirements. Run a process plant and coordinate all operations within production areas to ensure that the schedule is kept on target. This role also involves monitoring plant equipment performance and taking corrective action when any issue occurs, in accordance with the relevant standard operating procedures.
As a business, it’s really important to us that we find the best person for the job and that you have the best opportunity to succeed in the role. To help, we have outlined our expectations for the role and what core skills and experiences we require as well as what would make you an ideal fit. In turn, we hope this helps you evaluate if this is the right job for you.
- You will be a team player although you will also be comfortable working as an individual
- Have good communication skills
- You will be an effective problem solver, able to identify and analyse problems quickly with a high level of attention to detail
- You will be able to work flexibly and be capable of organising your workload as the situation dictates
- You must be computer literate
- Experience of working on a chemical site is advantageous
- Hold a forklift truck (counterbalance) license is advantageous
- You will be City & Guilds qualified in Process Operations, hold an NVQ level 2 in Process Operations, or be qualified to higher education