One of our key clients is looking for a Procurement Specialist to join their team in Hull for 6 months.
The key requirement of this role is to ensure that the client has the correct goods and services available to be able to meet the site production plans (including TAR and Maintenance) and Capex portfolio.
Accountability for the strategic development, negotiation, delivery and on going management of key third party good and services.
- Lead negotiator for key procurement agreements
- of suppliers – Approx. 650
- Overall Department Contracts value – from £5k – Approx. £30M
- Approximate Department Spend - £250m Inc Capital Projects, Normal Maintenance & TAR’s
- Contract relationship manager for key suppliers to the Hull Site
- Deputise for Procurement Manager.
- Ensure that all team members are provided with support, coaching and development to attain their full potential and to ensure objectives are met in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Development of procurement strategies and award of contracts to support the client that will achieve best value for the business.
- Commercial management of key Site agreements.
- Knowledge and understanding of the NAECI ( “the blue book”) is desirable
- Ensure that security of supply for goods and services are maintained safely, to the correct technical specification and on schedule to meet operational requirements.
- Provide expert advice on procurement related risks, including in depth market knowledge both commercial and technical to all the clients procurement customers.
- Lead negotiations with suppliers to secure best commercial terms to the business
- Identify and recommend new suppliers to the businesses that can offer a commercial or technical advantage to INEOS to mitigate project or asset schedule risks.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- MCIPS qualified preferred or equivalent chartered membership or QS qualifications
- Previous procurement or quantity surveyor ( 10+ years) experience in a large complex manufacturing environment, dealing with contract negotiation and management
- Strong IT skills including Excel, Word, SAP & Database analysis would be advantageous - candidate may be required to supply own IT
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to build relevant relationships and networks.
- Self starter working effectively in ad hoc multi disciplinary teams, providing leadership and focus.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to react quickly and work to tight deadlines
- Sound understanding of company policies, site safety standards and legislation
- Identification of Total Cost of Ownership
- Deep understanding of cost drivers on contracts in order to demonstrate transparency and overall value.
- Expert, advanced negotiation skills and techniques.
- Experience in streamlining and optimising existing processes. (Continuous Improvement)