QA QC Manager
On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to work for one of our major clients based in Hull – the role may also require some travel to different sites. This is initially a contract position, with a minimum duration of 12 months, after which point the role will be reviewed and perhaps extended further.
Management of quality systems to support all areas of the project incorporating quality processes and procedures.
Responsibilities will include implementation and maintenance of quality systems procedures and coordination of the necessary tools and resources for staff to carry out their duties on the project. Responsible for quality assurance to a standard aspiring to the achievement of ISO 9001:2000 certification.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Orderly supply of information within the project and to project stakeholder business units to satisfy requirements for business record keeping, presentations and intellectual data recovery in the future.
- Development and management of project quality audits, including service level agreement and customer satisfaction audits
- Support all project(s) quality functions
- Elaborate Project Quality Plans in accordance with contract requirements and quality system
- Setting QA compliance objectives and ensuring that targets are achieved.
- Act as liaison with external parties on matters relating to the quality system.
- Ongoing management of the quality system in accordance with a standard that has parity to ISO9000:2000 as well as with the business requirements.
- Check the effectiveness of the quality system by performing planned and unplanned audits of departments, processes and projects and report on findings.
- Drive the organisation to pursue additional quality systems and quality awards.
- Provision of management reports to monitor and advise on how the quality management system is performing and publish data and reports regarding company performance against set indicators.
- Collect and prepare the input documents which form the scope of the quality management review as well as the documentation which makes up the outcome of the review.
- Conduct quality second–party audits on supplier and sub-contractors as decided by the management or as per project specific audit programmes.
- Involvement in other activities as directed by Project Manager.
- Analyse yearly, using statistical methods, the nonconformity data recorded in NC logs.
- Record, manage, check and close the NC raised during audits at company level.
- Report to the management the results and any suggestions for improvement
- Highlight the need for a CA/PA during the Management Review meeting.
- Record and maintain the management decision regarding to CA/PA.
- Elaborate and update the quality manual.
- Verify that the procedures elaborated by the authors comply with the Quality Manual, ISO standard and QMS requirements.
- Approve relevant procedures, templates and forms.
- Verify and notify possible procedures issues / revisions.
- Manage the approval loop and keep the records.
- Remove the superseded procedures from the server in use in order to control and maintain both the active and superseded pools of documents.
- Manage the archive system.
- Support the business acquisition activities by elaborating quality related pre-qual and / or qualification submissions.
- Manage the sub-contractor database.
- Manage the SSQA process and implement changes at domestic level; relate with all other members within the team.
- Report on quarterly basis on SSQA progress and attend meetings and presentations.
- Deliver quality and procedure training to the TVUK employees and relevant contractors.
Qualification/ Experience Requirements:
- In depth knowledge of quality systems and their role within a project-based environment.
- Good knowledge and familiarity with ISO family quality standards.
- Minimum HND or equivalent level of education.
- Lead auditor certificate.
- Implementation within a customer focused environment.
- Adopts a proactive approach to prioritising own workload and achieving required results.
- Demonstrates flexibility when priorities change and can adapt easily.
- Establishes objective, quantifiable goals and measures for guiding and monitoring business systems, which are translated into targets for the company’s quality procedures.
- Think laterally and creatively to produce solutions which reduce the cost base and at the same time improve customer satisfaction. Create the conditions for continuous improvement throughout the business. Develop successful strategies to manage change and make it stick.
- Manage work pressure in a positive and resilient manner.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Possess the necessary enthusiasm, desire to succeed and discipline to achieve significant results for the organisation.
- Be a excellent motivator and have strong negotiating skills.
- Have good planning skills and be able to lead projects through to completion.
- Have excellent report writing skills.
- Be customer focused.
Highly Desirable (but not essential)
- Project management experience.
- Be able to interpret statistical data using software packages.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Office 2000.
- Audit experience at lead auditor level (at least 5 years).
- Be familiar with methodologies, tools, and concepts in quality management