Senior Sourcing Lead/Senior Buyer
On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Senior Sourcing Lead/Senior Buyer to work for one of our major clients based in Scunthorpe. This is initially an ongoing contract position working full-time hours.
The Senior Sourcing Lead will provide leadership to the Sourcing Lead(s) within their category group, ensuring a cost effective and highly professional procurement service. Involved in development and deployment of category management, with the ability to balance commercial requirements with the demands and operational needs of the business.
- Delivering against key objectives and targets within the category strategy and annual plan, determining contract specific KPIs, overall sourcing strategy and key issues and risks.
- Deliver strategy documentation including stakeholder plan, supplier market analysis and contract management plan.
- Build and maintain strong business relationships with key stakeholders to drive maximum effectiveness and efficiency of processes and deliverables. Work with the Procurement Manager and relevant stakeholders to understand business strategy, key drivers and spend in order to influence, advise and provide commercial and strategic procurement solutions which support their business and ensures lowest possible cost base.
- Proactively leading negotiations for contracts within a specific category. Understanding the cost structure and developing the network for best Value in Use and Total Cost of Ownership.
- Supporting delivery of the team’s targets i.e. security of supply, EBITDA savings, cash benefits, spend targets and supplier performance measures.
- All of the above while ensuring compliance with relevant policies and procedures.
VISION & CONTEXT
The Procurement organisation within the company has the responsibility for maximising purchasing leverage and providing the most efficient and effective supply base to meet the needs of the business.
Procurement’s role is to provide a commercial framework that allows the business operation to run at a cost base that provides the best value whilst ensuring security of supply and flexibility.
Providing external category specific market information to enable appropriate decisions aligned to the business strategy.
- Experience as a procurement professional or within a commercial role, alternatively, candidates may have a contract management background with a desire to move into a commercially focused role
- Has the ability to form strong relationships with a network of business and supplier contacts to ensure senior management engagement and highly effective relationships at all levels in the organisation.
- Numerical ability, in particular able to understand, analyse and interpret financial information
- Confident, pro-active attitude, with the ability to influence key stakeholders and ability to manage and balance commercial priorities with end-user requirements.
- Computer literate with practical experience of SAP
- A team worker, with a flexible approach to work
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent and preferably a member of CIPS.
- Understanding and applying quality management practices
- A working knowledge and understanding of contract operation and management including commercial contract terms and terminology
- Good interpersonal skills, influencing and facilitation skills, priority setting, Continuous Improvement, problem solving and conflict management.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritise a large workload in line with required timescales.
- Excellent presentation skills and understanding of Microsoft PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills: negotiation, influencing, facilitation skills
- Strong analytical skills - proven ability to analyse, interpret and act upon large amounts of information, with a keen attention to detail
- Working closely with relevant category teams where applicable, establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with key internal customers in order to gain an understanding of their needs to improve the service provided
- Has effective planning and organisation skills and is a clear communicator. Supports a climate in which people can do their best.
- Recognises strategic opportunities for change and create competitive strategies.
- Focuses on what’s important and can prioritise activities to accomplish a goal.
- Makes informed decisions based upon analysis, experience and judgment
- Can negotiate skilfully with both internal and external groups. Can successfully mediate conflict between individuals and groups.
- Awareness of the external markets and current and future trends affecting the business and organisation. Knows the competition and is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Has the ability to get things done through formal and informal channels.