Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to work for one of our major clients who have been established to design, develop and manufacture sealed carbon dioxide lasers for marking applications and industrial processing. This role is based in Hull and is a permanent position working full-time hours.
The company's sealed lasers and power supply components have been installed in a wide variety of systems around the world, spanning a diverse range of industrial sectors and across a broad spectrum of cutting, welding, drilling, heat treating and marking applications.
They are committed to providing their customers with products and services that meet and ideally exceed their expectations of value, reliability and safety.
- Will be responsible for the opto-mechanical design of the complete range of the company's sealed laser-based products.
The Successful Applicant
- The candidate should possess a degree in a relevant mechanical discipline or a proven relevant mechanical engineering experience.
- Several years of industrial experience in a mechanical engineering position.
- Experience of designing for medium volume products (non-skilled assembly)
- Be able to demonstrate excellent technical competence, ideally in precision machined components.
- Possess demonstrable experience and a sound working knowledge of CAD - preferably Solid Works.
- Possess a solid understanding of manufacturing processes and assembly techniques in a bespoke manufacturing environment
- Positive contributor to the ongoing development of the product range
- Have good time management skills and high work ethics.
- Be focused, methodical with good analytical skills
- Be a strong communicator and team player
- Be self- motivated with the ability to work in a busy fast paced environment
This company offers a lively environment, an excellent benefits package and competitive salaries commensurate with experience.