On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Sourcing Lead/Buyer to join one of our major clients based in Scunthorpe within their Procurement Department. This is initially a contract position which may lead to a permanent position.
PURPOSE OF JOB
The position is to implement and ensure the effectiveness of contracts negotiated by the team including KPI's, Service Level Agreements, Supplier development and internal CI programmes to share best practices.
- Mapping out the local procurement processes and identifying key local stakeholders to implement effective sourcing processes
- Engaging with stakeholders to develop procurement specifications and volume requirements.
- Developing project plans and ensuring that sourcing processes are completed to time, supply risks are managed and supplier changes are made without business interruption.
- Leading the implementation of sourcing processes to ensure that contracts are effectively translated into the appropriate local purchase to pay IT systems.
- Monitoring and assessing supplier performance against the agreed delivery/quality criteria established in the contracts.
- Monitoring and managing end user compliance to contracts, challenging end user non-compliance and taking appropriate corrective actions to ensure maximum delivery of financial benefits to British Steel.
VISION & CONTEXT
The Sourcing Lead/Buyer role is responsible for determining demand requirements, whilst working with the sourcing team to develop project plans and implement the 7 step sourcing process. Communication with suppliers is crucial to ensure the contract is being executed as agreed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Experienced as a purchasing professional or within a commercial role.
- Knowledgeable in the use IT and Procurement technology.
- Knowledgeable of purchase to pay systems and how they are implemented.
- A good analytical thinker with an excellent attention to detail when gathering information.
- A good understanding of procurement processes, procedures and quality management systems.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent or working towards a CIPS qualification.
- Essential competencies for this role include; customer focus, cross cultural resourcefulness, teamwork, interpersonal sensitivity, tenacity/perseverance, informing, active listening/information gathering, planning/organising, priority setting, self-development, business awareness and decision making/judgement.